Does any one know if it is possible to have a normal pregnancy after having an ectopic pregnancy with your tubes tied?

I had a tubal ligation two and half years ago but got pregnant in march of this year. On April 1st I was treated for an ectopic pregnancy and we were devastated at the loss of our baby. We want to have a reversal done but first I wanna try again to see if we can get pregnant next year. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a normal pregnancy after having an ectopic one with your tubes being tied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sure it's possible, but I would get your tubes untied before trying. It would he very sad for you to endure another loss.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 4:55 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I had an ectopic removed in june of last year but didn't lose my tubes. my doc said that i had a 30-40% chance of having another ectopic and it would go up to 60-80% after a second. i got pregnant again in december after trying the first time but i miscarried at 5 weeks an wasn't far enough along to determine if the pregnancy was ectopic or not:( Great new.... I'm currently 15-16 weeks prego! i got pregnant just weeks after the miscarriage and the pregnancy is in the uterus!
    When you get pregnant you have to call your doc right away. Mine took blood every 2 days to make sure the levels were increasing correctly. Then when the level was high enough she did an ultrasound. i didn't even know anything was wrong when i miscarried... she called to tell me something was wrong with the blood work and had me repeat "stat". She called later that day and told me I would miscarry. it happend a few hours later. msg me with ???
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Also... im sorry for your lose. I know its hard! there is group of ectopic survivors on here. maybe someone in the group can answer your question.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• loss*
    Mel_in_PHX