Has anyone ever chartered a plane?

We have a large group going from NS to Ontario, and there are not very many seats available on commercial flights. I have asked my travel agent to check it out for me, but I wonder if any of you have any idea of what it costs to charter a plane?

livewell

Asked by livewell at 4:44 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Travel

• I use to charter airplanes to fly from Miami, to an Island in the Bahamas where a friend has a beach house, but it depends on the mileage being traveled.

Answer by older at 4:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My husband works in aviation. Call an FBO in your area. they usually have a charter company onsite... then you won't have a middle man (travel agent). Sorry, i can't answer your question about the price, but i remember my husband telling me that someone chartered a flight from phoenix to hawaii and it was 30k round trip but i'm sure it depends on the plane.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:59 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I have charted many times but that was for cargo not passenger. I do know that World Air Ways does passenger charters. They are in Peachtree City, GA - Good Luck
    dukester050128

Answer by dukester050128 at 2:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My husband has for business. He says costs are based on flight time, distance, ground time incurred and total weight. A nice tip should also be included-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:52 PM on May. 14, 2011

• google private airports in your area and call a few to see what the rates would be....we charted a plane but it was on a 30minute flight to a campground and was for 12people and our luggage the cost was about 100$ a person but it was part of the camping package so dont know if it would cost you more.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:02 AM on May. 15, 2011