I have this jean skirt that I HATE, what are somethings I can do to it to change the look?

I have a jean skirt that is just kinda eh, whatever. I would like to change the look and stuff but I'm not sure what to do to it. Any ideas?

Amanda_Jo1209

Asked by Amanda_Jo1209 at 4:57 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• add lace and stitch or iron on colorful appliques, maybe add studs to accent the direction you want to emphasize--long lines for length, or studs around the pockets to emphasize hips
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 5:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If you can sew you could turn it into a cute purse- lol I know how you feel - jean skirts are not all created equally trendy :) Sometimes its just better to start anew.
    oo7Darius

Answer by oo7Darius at 5:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i agree with the other post add to it or make it something else, I use military tops and pants and make purses out of them.
    millerx5

Answer by millerx5 at 5:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I cut mine up to make doll clothes
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• There are so many jean skirts at the thrift shops - toss the old one and pick up a new one that you love!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Well I model so I know that I could easily turn it into something cute or sexy but I have NO creative ability lol
    Amanda_Jo1209

Comment by Amanda_Jo1209 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Sew patches of a cute fabric on it, iron something onto it, take fabric paint and stencils and stencil something you like on it (flowers, a flag, hearts, etc.), or just kind of paint splatter it with fabric paint, put studs on it, put a patch of something you like on it (like the kind you can put on jackets, purses, etc.), sew a strip of lace under the bottom of it so it peeks out, wear a really thin, slightly longer skirt under it so the fabric from it peeks out of the bottom, it really depends on your style and what you like.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:23 AM on May. 14, 2011