I'm going to get screwed for following the rules?

It is so frustrating that our new governor has messed everything up with the system & now it is affecting me. We just moved, SO went back to work, everything on our case has changed. I as I am supposed to called & called & called the new office which is over an hour drive away. Finally after seven or more calls I finally got someone on the phone. I told the women the new address, explained that I needed a packet to change all our stuff etc. She said that she'd send it out etc. Here I am weeks later & dont know what to do!

We are still getting full benefits as if SO is on lay off & he is not! He is back to work so our benefits need to be scaled way back. Out of desperation I called a number & the women on that number says there is nothing that can be done but to call the location but that is what I am doing! Popping in to pick up the papers well like I said its over an hour away so that isnt the most easy feat plus gas being $4 a gallon that is half a tank or more to drive there $20+ right there!

I am so scared that I will get kicked off of insurance for me. SO & my daughter have it through his work but bc we are not married I cant get it & of course its an arm & a leg that we cant afford right now for me to get it through private. My sister works with the state (not for them) & says that if I get kicked off of the services they wont accept me back (all apart of the new govnors crap) & there is nothing she can do to help me. *sigh* I am doing my part now what!? I simply dont know what to do I just really dont & I need the insurance. I have an IUD that has to be yanked out, molars that need to be removed as soon as I can get it done, etc. I am waiting to update our case before doing all of this I am being a good person I am trying to follow the rules & the book & I may get screwed in the end for it.

Sorry just a vent if anyone is on state aid you would understand that it can be frustrating period but this is just beyond that point now I am in fear that I will get in trouble for doing everything right, its unfair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• So $20 is keeping you from getting things straightened out? And if you don't pay the $20 for the gas and make the trip and are found out and get kicked off you will paying a LOT more.

If you don't want to get married, and you need the insurance that bad, then put the gas in your car and do what needs to be done. I love the phrase "new governor's crap". I'm guessing they are putting new rules in place to save money and stop fraud.

You hate it when people tell you to just get married and you're not getting married for insurance? Why are you so against marriage?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:49 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Look, just save the money they give you. If they ask for it back, which they might, you can give it to them. I don't think they will do anything bad to you. Just don't spend the $$, so if they want it back, you can give it to them. Keep a log of all the calls you've made and get the names of the people you spoke to. It will be fine.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 5:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• So everyone should pay for YOU because YOU do not want to get married? I say take your ass out and find a Fu&#ing JOB.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Which state are you living in ?
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• just get married, thats what i did. it cost me like $400 in Reno, probably cheaper if you go through the courthouse
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I hate it when people say just get married we are not getting married for the sake of insurance *sigh* We live in maine. We are not getting married period, if ever a day comes & we want to then fine we will bc we want to but as of right now in our lives we dont.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:27 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I am not against marriage but I am against it for benefits. I may have to drive out there it may come to that but it also dosent seem right for me to have to do that when I am trying to do it the correct way. You dont know all the things the governor is doing, yes he may be saving money but in the long run things are getting messed up. I am all for saving money, I am all for not being on assistance when not needing it & we follow the rules but my gosh there comes a point when enough is enough. Cutting back half the staff & doubling the work load of those left for the same pay that dosent seem fair to them. Also raising how much we pay for insurance through work, everyone got raised insurance except anyone who works for the government, something dosent seem fair here it just dosent.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Everyone's insurance has been going up for the last few years and it's not going to stop any time soon.

Guess I'm old fashioned and don't understand how you can love someone enough to live with them but not enough to marry them. And there are certain benefits to being married, I don't see it as just being married for the benefits, I see it as a bonus.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 6:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Here I am weeks later & dont know what to do!

Did you call 3 days after she said she would send it out? Did you create a paper trail of certified mail to their office? You also said, "Finally after seven or more calls I finally got someone on the phone.". Is this 7+'attempts over a period of one business day? Bottom, it's your responsibility. If you are receiving extra money, you may be required to pay it back. Hopefully you aren't spending what isn't yours.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:28 PM on May. 13, 2011