Are there age expiration dates for certain looks? Say, no bikinis after age 47?

Should women stop wearing bikinis, miniskirts or ponytails after a certain age? A More Magazine survey found that most agree there's an expiration date for certain looks for the average female.

Here were the results:
Bikinis: 47
Miniskirts: 35
Stilettos: 51
Knee-high boots: 47
Leggings: 45
Tight vest: 44
See-through blouse: 40
Long hair: 53
Ponytail: 51

http://today.newsvine.com/_news/2011/05/13/6636106-stop-wearing-bikinis-after-47-survey-finds-age-a-factor-in-fashion

(The clothes part I agree with ... hair (no limit) ~)

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:44 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think if you've got the body for it, go for it. I know some 20 year olds who should NEVER rock a bikini and I know some 50 year olds who look Fantastic.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't think it's age so much as look. I know plenty of women a lot younger than 35 that should never wear a mini skirt!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It depends on the person. SOme look good in a bikini at age 50. SOme look AWFUL in a bikini at age 21. NOBODY should wear see-through blouses and tight vests. At any age.
    My aunt always wore her hair long,then started putting it up in a knot when she was about 60 and she looked classy. She was always dressed in expensive clothes and was slim and pretty until she was 75 when she died. I have seen young girls wth LONG hair and it looked horrible--long string and dorky. I have seen young FAT girls in leggings who should NEVER have worn them'. ETC.ETC.
    The poll is silly--- these results are biased and definitely generalizations.
    SO,I think it depends on the person.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Age limits? NO!
    That said, you (the collective you) should dress for your body, not for some fad.

And lets face it a bikini shouldn't come in a size 16...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• There is an "age limit" for PONYTAILS???? Are you serious? lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Oh NO!!! I only have one more year to wear a tight vest??? And I can't wear a sheer blouse anymore??? Well, that just ruined my night! NOT! LOL! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:17 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Pfft!  I'm almost 48 and I don't agree with that.  I think you can wear whatever you want at any age as long as you have the body to carry it off.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I saw that...I think it's silly.

There are a LOT of women in their 20's who don't have the figure for certain clothing, and lots who are beyond the 'approved' age who do. Whatever the look, if it suits you and you are comfortable with it, GO FOR IT!
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Old skin, is old skin- I am over 50 and fit, but I would not wear a bikini-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Also, IMO, after a certain age, long hair pulls down the face and makes one look older-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:08 PM on May. 13, 2011