Can a baby have nightmares?

My baby will be 9 months on the 23rd of this month. The past 3 days she has been crying in her sleep. Little short cries. I don't know what's wrong. She's not cold, no temperature, not hungry, clean diaper, fresh from a bath. She has a night light sea horse that sings. and she has her favorite blanket. Could it be that she has scary dreams?

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 5:50 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thinks so. My 11 month old granddaughter does that and when I was taking care ofher yesterday morning, she woke up and she ws crying .SHe cried so hard I thought she was in pain....but all of a sudden,she looked at me and grinned and she was just fine! She had been making those little short crying sounds too....I was scared!
    But it was nothing ---just a bad dream,I guess.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yah my son has it here and there. There's one time he woke up screaming and crying. Sometime when he wakes from nap he's crying even after I hold him and stuff he still crys.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:33 PM on May. 13, 2011