Can a baby have nightmares?

My baby will be 9 months on the 23rd of this month. The past 3 days she has been crying in her sleep. Little short cries. I don't know what's wrong. She's not cold, no temperature, not hungry, clean diaper, fresh from a bath. She has a night light sea horse that sings. and she has her favorite blanket. Could it be that she has scary dreams?

Asked by B00boo at 5:50 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have seen that too with my lil one. I have also seen him crack up laughing in his sleep. Gosh I wonder wht they are thinking about.

Answer by ochsamom at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• They have dreams, so why would they not be able to have bad dreams? When my kids cry in their sleep, some mommy hugs usually calm them back down.

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Since he was born, my son has smiled and cried in his sleep. There is certainly something going on in his brain, but at the age of 1 month, I can't possibly imagine what it could be!

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Two thinngs I learned when I had my Son. First, usually any upset at night has to do with indegestion and/or gas. So I would pick my Son up at night if he was upset and gently burp him. I always got a good burp out of him. Second thing is about vitamiins. Vitamins should only be given in the morning with first feeding. Don't give vitamins before they go to sleep. They did a study that the vitamins effect brain waves when they sleep & their sleep is disturbed. I saw the difference once I started giving him the vitamins only in the morning. He took the liquid vitamin with a dropper.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think they can have nightmares....cause they have to be dreaming about whats to say they aren't dreaming about something that they consider scary....I dunno though, I wish I did, I'd love to know whats going on in his little when they're smiling and cooing at three month old just has so much to say lol and I wish I knew what it was

Answer by summermail88 at 3:03 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I was told that they can

Answer by SparkleAndCandy at 10:36 PM on May. 14, 2011

• yes just rub his back & resure him your there

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• sorry i mint her

Answer by sassy21176 at 11:13 AM on May. 15, 2011