• In the Spotlight:

Should I still hang on to hope in my marriage adult content

My DH announced to me that he wanted a divorce.He has not told me why he just left home I was served immediately. Everytime I try to communicate with him hes says lets go to counseling we went he said nothing thru the session. I explain to him that I was serve and that I have a certain amount of time to respond. He said he will think about it . He still has not spoken with me. I responded to my divorce. Our kids has talkin with him. He would just tell them that he can stop anytime he wants. This has really torn my family. I went and signed my papers with my attorney we will be going to court in a week. Should I still hope in my marriage.

5heartbeats

Asked by 5heartbeats at 5:53 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I can only speak for myself.

If it were to the point that not only had I been served papers, but I had also already signed them.. I would not have any hope left for my marriage.. As long as my husband and I both are willing to give whatever it takes to make our marriage work, I have hope. Once the papers are already being signed, hope has left the building.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Sounds like your DH is given up already. You should let it go, pick up the peices and move on, as painful as it may be. But DH really sounds like it's over. I'm sorry.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 5:59 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Why would he want to go to counseling if he didn't want to work anything out? I just can't understand why a man would want to go and then not say anything.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 5:59 PM on May. 13, 2011

• To me is sounds as if DH has given up and had given up when he walked out. Sorry that you have to go thru this.
    MsCatherine

Answer by MsCatherine at 6:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• A marriage can only work if BOTH parties agree to work at it...It sounds like he has no intention of working on it, so...yeah I would give up hope that my marriage is going to work. I'm sorry honey...him serving you papers sounds like the final nail in the coffin to me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Looks like the end to this marriage you need to people to want it to work and in this case there is only one....

Answer by older at 6:24 PM on May. 13, 2011

• There is only hope if TWO of you want it. And it sounds like DH has no hope left to give. Please try to see a counselor because you may need some extra support from an outside source to get you through this, believe me, rejection is the hardest emotion that a soul can feel, I have been through it and if I can get through it so can you, it will take time and alot of hard work on your part, but you can.....Hugs to you!!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 6:33 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Sounds like he is done. Sucks really, If nothing else get a counsler for you. Hang in there.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 6:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• He already gave up. I would start to work on myself.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I've said this before and firmly believe it. A man will not leave his wife unless he has someone else to leave her for. (not in 100% of cases, granted)

It sounds like the immediacy of his actions means there is something else that he has his attention on (or SOMEONE).

I personally would not put hope in this marriage if he has already served you papers. That's just my opinion though. I would be getting ducks in a row for court and make damn sure that you can get all you need for your children.

Best wishes.

rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 7:40 PM on May. 13, 2011