Any dispatchers?

I am applying to be a 911 dispatcher in the City of Cleveland, and I know there are a lot of people on here. I was wondering if anyone here does or used to be an emergency dispatcher? I don't really know what to expect but I think it would be a really good fit for me.

siera_lyn

Asked by siera_lyn at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sorry I am on the other end.... lol I am a volunteer EMT. but here is a bump for you.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 7:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm a 911 dispatcher. What would you like to know? You can email me at tara.spillane84 at yahoo. I'd be happy to let you know about the job and what will help you in terms of doing well on the interview. :-)
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I worked as a dispatcher for awhile. I'm guessing since Cleveland is a larger area you will be assigned to certain duties. When I was a dispatcher we were required to take emergency calls, public calls, and radio transmissions at the same time. On a busy night it was a complete nightmare.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:19 PM on May. 13, 2011