I am only 5 weeks pregnant. Is spotting natural and should I get off my feet, or continue normal activities?

1Mady

Asked by 1Mady at 6:24 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As long as it's brown, it's fairly common. The moment you see bright red blood or there is a flow instead of spotting you need to get in touch with your doctor.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i was told that any bleeding in pregnancy should get checked out, but it doesnt ALWAYS mean something bad is going to happen
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would take it easy until it stops.

Answer by older at 6:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Everyones body is different. But I how ever have known many of woman to have full blown periods while pregnant. I woul try to take it a little easy though just to be safe. And if you become in pain should get to the dr..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 7:33 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes spotting can happen during the first weeks of pregnancy. If you go to www.babycenter.com they actually have an entire article on this. I love the site they have a ton of great resources for expecting and new mothers. Best wishes and congrats!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 12:16 AM on May. 14, 2011