What about Bin Laden's family?

The question here is not the rightness or wrongness of the killing of Osuma Bin Laden it is " Do you have any sympathy for his immediate family members?" I think of this every time a major criminal is killed or put to death. I have to think that he was a tough guy to be around, but in whatever culture the phrase "Family is Family" carries true to some degree.

jazzymom190

Asked by jazzymom190 at 6:25 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• As much as I do for every single human being, regardless of what they've done. All people are a mixture of "good" and "bad".
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Considering they probably helped him live in hiding? Among other things? No. Knowing what they know of the mans intent and actions~ they don't seem to be concerned about living honest lives within their faith. They are Nearly as guilty as he is, IMO.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Not especially. They knew what he did. He was quite flamboyant and proud to admit his wrongdoings, and if they knew where he was and didn't turn him in, I think they are guilty of harboring a terrorist and ought to be handled accordingly.

There is not a single person in my family that I would hide to protect them from something I KNEW they did, that they ADMITTED to, and that they were PROUD to have done. Would I be sad that those were the choices they made, yes...embarrassed at their flamboyancy, yes...sorry to lose a family member, yes...but I am reasonable enough to know when someone gets what is coming to them.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No. they probably celebrated with him during 911. do you think they cared about the families of the 911 victims?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:01 PM on May. 13, 2011

• His family matters little to me. And what does my empathy do for them anyway? Nothing... I'm pretty sure they could care less if westerners were to pity or console them with prayers etc.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Most of his family had disowned him
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

You beat me to it! I was going to ask if anyone thought they felt sorry for the families of the people he was resposible for killing.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• PP already said it quite well.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• NOPE!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, I have some empathy for his family. It's hard for anyone to lose a loved one......
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:14 PM on May. 13, 2011