Did you have a gender specific nursery or unisex colors and themes?

dayziesnrozes

Asked by dayziesnrozes at 7:07 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gender Specific each time. I'm a planner.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:13 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:14 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Neither, my kids share my room. IF we did do their own rooms, we would do neutral, we don't believe in doing anything gender specific. I believe it sends the wrong message.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We did her sheets and such in pinks and purples, but I didn't decorate the whole room. The baby phase goes by so quickly, I'd rather decorate it in something she likes when she's a little older. Even then, I'd probably go pretty plain. I prefer country-style, less is more-type styling. Like this... http://www.housetohome.co.uk/room-idea/picture/country-style-childrens-bedrooms/7
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 7:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Our our stuff, car seat, high chair, ect. were gender neutral. But the nursery is pink &^green, so more for a girl. Guess its a good thing baby #2 is also a girl, since we only have a 2 bedroom house and they have to share a room.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:42 PM on May. 13, 2011

• unisex the first time because we didn't find out. Gender specific for the others
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Unisex. We had a fantasy outdoors theme. Blue sky, fluffy white clouds, rainbow, soap bubbles - with iridescent bubble ornaments suspended from the ceiling (too high for the kids to reach) and glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling; so at night the ceiling looked like a star filled sky.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:00 PM on May. 13, 2011

• With my oldest son, it was very gender specific, everything was done in dark and light blue colors with sailboats and whatnot...but this time around with my 2nd, it was neutral colors, mostly because my grandmother hand made the crib set, which was done in neutral colors, so I just went with that for the rest of the room so it would match
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 2:58 AM on May. 14, 2011

• we painted the whole nursery a medium water blue color and then i painted fish and sea creatures all over. the room is for my son. realistically it could be gender neutral because of the fish, but had we left it just blue, i'd feel it was a boy's room for sure.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Gender specific!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:45 PM on May. 14, 2011