Foods with pregnancy advice

So I'm 11 weeks pregnant. And I'm 5,4 and weight about 100 pounds. and I'm 19. So I'm a skinny girl Bly doctor told me I really need o start gainifng weight and it's really hard for me because my motabolism is so fast.
I don't know what to do now ?? I try to eat alot but it seems like nothing is working. I really am trying to gain at least 5 pounds in 2 weeks
what do yu guys reccommend ?

Please dnt be rude I know I'm skinny

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eat tons of healthy foods and don't worry too much. I gained 16 pounds with my son and he was 8 lbs 2 oz. My doctor was worried but just kept asking me to write down what I was eating. I never ate so much with such small weight gain in my life!! Second pregnancy was only 23 pounds. Write down what you are eating and show your doctor. gl
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:42 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Eat what you normally eat. The extra calories required to sustain a pregnancy is only equal to a pb&j sandwich. Baby will pull everything it needs from your body. The only thing you really NEED to give it is water. I suppose your doctor is a bit concerned that you might drastically lose weight as baby gets bigger. Did he/she tell you WHY you need to gain weight?? Even if you only gain 15-20 pounds throughout the ENTIRE pregnancy you'll be fine. In fact the more you gain the higher the risks for complications come delivery. I would be skeptical of anyone telling me I need to gain just because.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Well she said just cuz I'm under weight n only weigh 100 I need to gain more
    I heard if u don't gain enough then your baby will come out w low birth weight
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Eat whatever you want and as much of it as you can. Take our prenatal vitamins. If you are not puking you should gain weight. At 11 weeks you won't gain very fast from the baby,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I was watching homeless and pregnant, and the lady was thin to begin with. During the pregnancy she lost 35 pounds and her baby was nearly 9lbs birthweight!
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 9:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Eat whatever you want, and if you don't gain all the weight they want don't worry. I couldn't gain all the weight the Dr wanted me to with my first two and they came out just fine, I seem to be on the same track with this one too so we'll see what happens.And I am a little under weight too.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:01 AM on May. 14, 2011