SO Confused!?

i watched a documentary on scientists claiming there are other worlds and a parellel universe. Although, we have little to know proof of that. One scientist questioned saying "why can't we believe what we can't see?". He questioned this since obviously we can't see another universe. This coming from a scientist who was preaching evolution!! Scientist want us to believe in something we can't see. Yet, they believe God is a joke because we can't see him. We can feel the wind on our face and see the destruction it can do but we cannot see wind. That doesn't mean the wind isn't there. Why is creationism not even suggested when scientist examin evolution? Doesn't this sound condradictory??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because creationism doesn't fit in with evolution.
    Anonymous

• everyone is susceptible to hypocrisy...even by those who believe they are the wisest in the world.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Not all scientists believe in parallel universes. It's not stated as a fact or even theory. It's just an "idea" they're tinkering with. The idea probably won't go anywhere just like archtypes went nowhere.

Where as the Christian God, not a God in general, is almost completely unjustifiable.

Also, you know the wind is there because you can physically feel it.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 11:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• "String theory" isn't really a theory yet (nor will it likely be anytime soon)...it is a hypothetical attempt to merge gravitational theory with the theory of relativity.

Creationism isn't examined because it isn't falsifiable or testable (which means its not science). Evolution is.

FYI: Scientific ideas are ideally based in that which is objective and concrete--meaning it can be disproven, religious ideas are based in that which is subjective and abstract--meaning there is no proof for them. A religious idea is not science, and the two diciplines require entirely different skill sets and methods of thinking to understand them.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 11:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I saw a scientific show that the scientist says that there are at least 3 of us in the universe, I thought now this IS Crazy! He made me think of some wacked out nut. I know that there is only one of me!!! But he was trying to say everyone has at least 3 of themselves somewhere in the universe. Now, how crazy is that ?
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Well, if you follow string thoery to its illogical conclusion, you would have to have more of you--statistically speaking. It has to do with the probability of your existance in an infinite universe--stastically speaking, there would be another yous on other earths...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would really like to know the NAMES of these "science shows" people are watching.

thalassa - great answers.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• There was something on the history channel the other day...which I assume is what the OP is refering to...I think it might have been from their "THe Universe" series, but I didn't watch the whole thing...

PBS has an older show, but I forget the name, its about 3-4 hours long and is almost wholly about "String Theory", its origins, its criticism and such, it is fairly well done...

...Physics nerds get so caught up in the hypothetical nature of some of their ideas (which are largely based in mathematical constructs), that I think sometimes they forget the nature of reality is not a math problem...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 1:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You know that not all scientists are atheists right? And not all people who believe in evolution don't believe in God.

It seems VERY hypocritical of you to be condeming this man for beliefs (or lack thereof) that you don't even know for sure.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• not all scientist believe god is a joke. take for instance muslim scientist, they discover and ponder over things but they understand that god is in full control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2008