Do your kids share a room?

I have a 2 year old and 9 month old and am expecting #3 this December. I'd love for my girls to share and open the other room to the new baby, but I'm just not sure how that is going to work out. They aren't exactly on the same sleep schedule right now. How does it work for your kids?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 8:01 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, we have a three bedroom house and three kids so someone has to share. When we had our third baby, ds (then 4) and dd (then 2) started to share a room- we actually just moved her into his room. She slept far better with someone else in the room anyhow! Then when the youngest was about three, we redecorated so that ds could move into a room on his own and the two girls could share a room. Both combinations of siblings sharing a room worked out well. We never really had major issues about them going to bed on time or anything like that... if I hear giggling and all that stuff I will go up and tell them to go to sleep, and I've never had to do it more than once in a night. HTH a bit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• They will...I have a 4 yr old daughter and a son coming in June...we only have a 2bdrm house so...they will be sharing until we move lol...hopefully all goes well
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i have a 3 yr old daughter and a 2 yr old son. I cant afford a 3 bed room. So they are stuck in the same room. at this age they dont care. They sleep in the living room or my room anyway so its pretty much a play room..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes they do! By choice. We have plenty of space for them to each have their own room but they want to be together for now.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yes, i have 3 daughters and two of them share a room. at first, it was the older two until the youngest slept through the night. then the younger two shared a room for almost a year. but, i've realized the similarities in the older two's sleeping schedules (ages 4 and 2) are much more compatible than between the 2 y/o and 1 y/o, so ive recently put the older two back in the same room. my youngest goes to bed an hour earlier than the older two (which go to bed at the same time) so it works out better that way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• They do. A 6 year old and a 7 year old. The oldest one is starting to what his own room though.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• my kids are 4 (ds) and 2 1/2 (dd) they have shared a room since dd was 1 1/2 she had health issues so i wanted her close. however since being in the same room its been good. my ds sleeps through the nite and dd wakes up once. she comes into our room for daddy.(she is daddys girl) and once she goes back to sleep we put her back in bed.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My 11 year old twin girls do.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 9:48 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Our 3 oldest daughters share the master bedroom in the house that we are in. I think that they adapt well to each other. It is a huge room and we thought that it would work so much better. My hubby and I are stuffed in this tiny little room but it is better for them. Then the other room in our house is a nursery.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:49 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My youngest 2 do both boys a year apart. They love it.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 9:52 PM on May. 13, 2011