It is hot and humid here, but why would that cause my feet to swell so much?

I am not pregnant, I do not have high blood pressure, but my feet will only fit in flip flops. When the weather cools off they go back down to normal.. and am I going to have to deal with thiss all summer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• it sounds like water retention can cause your feet to swell and so can the hot humid weather is it gets too bad call your doctor

I have the same thing and when the weather is hot I swell up like a balloon they have put me on Vesicare but I don't take it that often
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:47 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Even before I got pregnant my fingers and feet would swell whenever it got hot outside...I think it might be because our bodies are trying to hang on to the water inside of them or something.....that might not be right but I think I've heard that before
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i think Lucky is right.. it's water retention from the heat. i live in Florida and my feet swell after a walk outside or both my hands and feet swell after playing at the playground with my kids in the summer. the best thing to do is just to drink loads of water to counter-act the water retention. the more water your body has the less it will hold onto.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:15 PM on May. 13, 2011

• LOL Just what you said, it's hot and humid
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Maybe it is your salt intake.yes you will have to live with this.
    mary5050

Answer by mary5050 at 1:17 PM on May. 15, 2011