What do you refuse to buy used for your baby? What do you insist on buying used?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:15 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't buy anything used that will be used to store/ hold food, including bottles, bowls, spoons, cups, etc. That stuff is cheap anyway and I would rather not risk potential germs or BPA plastics. I personally would also never buy a used car seat, plush toys or mattresses (could have lice, fleas, bedbugs, etc).

As far as insisting on used, I get most of my son's clothing secondhand... he is growing so quickly and it would otherwise get very expensive! (I obviously wash everything prior to him wearing it.)
    Alisa415

Answer by Alisa415 at 8:22 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The ONLY thing I see a NEED to buy new is diapers & wipes. Beyond that, I love second hand, I see no reason to pay 3x more just cause it's 6mos newer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Food
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Refuse: Carseat. Anything else it depends on the quality of the item.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Car seat is the only things that I would NEVER buy used. Anything else if I buy new great, used is fine as well. I bf but if I bought bottles you can sterilize those. Pacifiers I guess is another things I would not buy used.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Refuse:Carseat and Crib. Anything else I would buy used as long as it is in decent condition with no funny smells :) Most of the baby clothes I have gotten used, and I just make sure to wash them once before they go into storage, then I will wash them again when I start putting together the nursery.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:43 PM on May. 13, 2011