First baby... got really stressed out the other night..

got upset the other night and for about two hours my stomach was very tight i finally calmed down and was able to rest... question being is does stress affect the baby to where i need to be worried? im five months and normally in a really good mood and not let things get to me thanks for your advice!

Brit0001

Asked by Brit0001 at 8:17 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• your baby can feel it from you, but it will have absolutely no effect on your child. trust me, if it did, all my children would be royally screwed up. i had high stress during all 3 of my pregnancies and though it sucked for me my kids turned out fine.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• thank you i was really upset and just felt weird for that two hours and called my doc he seemed it was a silly question but i waited for a while to get prego and just dont want anything to go wrong
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on May. 13, 2011

• its okay, it's normal to be worried especially in your first pregnancy :) no question is a silly question.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, the baby can sense emotions from you. That is why when mothers go off of anti-depressants for pregnancy they are more likely to have problems like braxton hicks contractions. Just try to stay in nice and calm and relaxed now that you know how it affects your body and the baby. It would not be a good thing for you to stress yourself into a premature labor. My cousin had this happen to her... Any way I hope this helps! Also a website that I love is babycenter.com they have a bunch of resources for women who are expecting and new mothers!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 8:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• BUMP ~ Doc says Yes
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 8:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• yes i get on that website babycenter.com very good website thank you ladies for the info
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on May. 13, 2011

• but i dont take anti-depressants im a very happy person just got upset but i do try to stay calm
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The baby can feel it but a little stress won't hurt a healthy baby any, if it did, as someone else, said my kids would have been in trouble lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:56 AM on May. 14, 2011

• try to relax take deep brealths , picture your self at a warm beach , just calm down research pregnancy.com it help u . rember becare care ful don"t reach over your head no more then a arm leath worry is nt healthy for u or baby !!
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:14 AM on May. 14, 2011