Movie: Precious, thoughts?

I am watching the movie Precious & all I have to say is wow. I am only 15 mins into it & already a bit upset. See I as well had an abusive mother & boy some of the things that girls mother says to her bring up so many memories, I've heard many of those things before. Now I'm not saying that my situation is as bad as this girls in this story is but gosh some of those words certainly were yelled at me too & I was physically abused as well so I can relate to this movie.

I may have to watch this in pieces & take some breaks here & there bc for me its intense already but I want to finish it. So for those of you who have seen it what did you think? How did you feel about the whole situation?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 8:17 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• Oh that was such a powerful, touching movie...I loved it, I just felt so, so bad for her but at the same time it's also a very uplifting movie...very good....another good one if your in a crying mood is "For Colored Girls"
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:21 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I couldn't do it. I know too many people that grew up in similar circumstances. I may watch bits of it someday, just to give Mo'Nique her props.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 5:37 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Sad because it was so real.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:48 PM on May. 14, 2011