Poligamy adult content

OK. I'm watching Big Love and while the idea of a sister-wife appeals to me, I don't think I could share my man. I think I'd [refer communal living to poligamy, but the extra help would be nice. Unfortunately hubby is not big on communal living (who would have figured since we spent years as roommates in a communal house), so we're just a nuclear family living here now. I miss having people around to talk to though. Any one else have any views?

wanderingmuse

Asked by wanderingmuse at 8:18 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I've tried to talk my DH in to finding a second "wife" a few times. He hates the idea! Not only am I okay with "sharing" but I prefer it! Someone to help with the house, laundry, kids AND husband... Sounds like heaven! Not to mention it was awesome having another woman around - I miss it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Maybe what you really need is a friend rather than a sister wife since you don't think you'd like sharing your husband.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I joke with my SO all the time about how I have a ssiter wife...he is very much in his ex's life and I even go over there and hang out with her with all our kids and stuff...it's weird but if i look at it like that it helps me be okay with their relationship...he doesnt have sex wit her and he comes home ot me,but he still gets her friendship and the satisfaction of helping her around the house still we also watch eachothers kids
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Me personally.

That type of relationship/living situation holds no appeal to me personally. Not because I do not want to/would not share my husband. It's mainly because my home is my domain..There is only 1 Rani in a kingdom, and that Rani Is ME (LOL).. I could never handle another woman (much less more than one) having any say in how my household is managed/how the money is spent/how my house looks..etc..etc.. I know myself well enough to know that I could never live with that. More than just 1 woman in my home, would lead to so much conflict, stress,etc. that it would not be a pleasant living experience for anyone involved.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Everything Pixie Trix said AND I don't want to share my husband
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'd be fine with having extra spouses around. They'd have to have pretty strong personalities to put up with both him and I, but we could make it work. Not necessarily the way they work it on the show, but in our own way.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 8:27 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No I want to have brother husbands one who is romantic, one who works with me and for me, one who looks really good, one that buys all of the gifts for everyone, one who has sex with me and is really good at it. One who manages all of our money. Yes so wrong but somewhere.....
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:33 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I'd rather have a housekeeper lol I get very territorial about my man lol

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I often say it takes a village, but I don't think I'd ever share a man.
    too jealous I suppose
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i couldnt share that is not my style
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:29 PM on May. 13, 2011