Opinions?

My son is 14 weeks old and is just too big for his little tub. He's already 25.5 in and 15.5 lbs! He's very strong, but he cannot sit up on his own yet. He also likes to splash! I'm trying to find some safe, inexpensive alternatives for him during bath time. What tubs/ bath tub seats, etc do you recommend? Edit: Perhaps this will help more. He won't sit down in the sink or a bucket, & it's just me & baby for bath time, so something that lays him down is preferred.

EdwinsMommy

Asked by EdwinsMommy at 8:23 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make a bath seat ring but i think there might be some safety issue with them. They always worked great for my dd.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:24 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The biggest issue is how wiggly he is...I mean he just causes a total typhoon of water whenever he splashes, so it has to be pretty stable.
    EdwinsMommy

Comment by EdwinsMommy (original poster) at 8:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I use to take a receiving blanket or a small towel and roll it up, use it as a pillow and let them lay. just dont fill the water up much.. my kids loved it

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i put just a couple of inches or less of water in the bathtub and leaned over the side to hold their head, or i would get in with them and hubby would get them out when they were done.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:27 PM on May. 13, 2011

• they make bath seats that you place them into and they cannot fall out or anything, but it's a little tricky to wash their private areas in those seats. i did use them for all 3 of mine when they could sit supported and had good head control.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:27 PM on May. 13, 2011

• ok now that u said that i dont think my idea would be good lol
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:27 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Hmmm I was still giving my daughter baths in the sink at that age...is your sink big enough? lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I might give the seat a try, all the plastic seats that have him laying down look kind of flimsy for him :P
    EdwinsMommy

Comment by EdwinsMommy (original poster) at 8:32 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Dream baby -Delux bath seat sold by walmart.com for 25.00
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 8:40 PM on May. 13, 2011