Foundation question..

ok so im not big on caking up make up on my face (especially since i usually never wash it off till the morning in the shower). ive never worn foundation cuz i thought it always looked so obvious that it was on...same with powder.. the only thing i do is a bronzer, but i feel my face is kinda blotchy and i really wanna use something that will help even everything out and look very natural. any ideas? is there a super light foundation around?

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 8:27 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use everyday minerals. It's all natural, talc free and light, but it covers everything. You could also try a tinted moisturizer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• is everyday minerals the name of this product..sorry stupid question prob but i dont have a clue about anything when it comes to make up stuff
    cnv13085

Comment by cnv13085 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Maybe try a tinted moisturizer instead. Aveda makes a nice one.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Earth's Beauty loose powder foundation. This is very light coverage, just enough to make your skin tone even and it feels like nothing is on your face.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 10:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i use foundation with a stippling brush. doesnt look heavy.
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 11:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would either suggest a mineral foundation, or using something that evens skin tone. Some primers do that, and you could just use the primer and bronzer. Or a tinted moisturizer, if that provides enough coverage for you. A good primer and a lightweight foundation of some sort, in the proper shade, will make your makeup look more natural. My foundation was always really noticeable, no matter what kind I used, even if the shad was perfect, until I started using a primer. My BFF actually commented on how great my skin looks these days lol (I was wearing foundation, but she couldn't tell).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Smashbox has a line of primers that you put on under your foundation suited for all sorts of needs (one to brighten, another to even skin tone, yet another to cut down on redness, etc.) that work really well. They also help your foundation to go on super smooth; you'll still need to find a foundation whose color and texture you like (I personally have tried Bare Minerals and didn't care for them whatsoever but you'll have to expirement to know for sure for yourself). I've been very happy with it and trust me, I spent years (literally 30 years) trying to find a combination that works for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Google or find this site on FaceBook: Nature's Beauty Secrets by Dawn Gallagher. Ask Dawn who is a professional model and mom. She has great ideas and suggestions; she is a personal friend. She has researched and traveled the world for all kinds of ideas and proven remedies for attaining natural beauty. I do not wear foundation myself, but I'll bet she can suggest one for you and how to deal with blotchy skin.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:27 AM on May. 14, 2011

• thank you ladies!
    cnv13085

Comment by cnv13085 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on May. 14, 2011