Why did God forget to make woman?

In Genesis it talks about how God made male and female of all the animals. THEN he creates man. But it's only after Adam shows a want or need for a partner does it dawn on him that he didn't make Adam a mate...

Does that mean he forgot? Or that he simply didn't see a need? Or was there another reason?

Is it possible that he did in fact create a woman when he made Adam? Some Jewish Mythologies say Yes. What do you think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:43 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• He saved the best for last!
    Anonymous

• What do I think? I don't. I don't ponder things that I could never possibly know. I trust God was sure of what he was doing.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• He saved the best for last!
    ____

LOVE THAT ANSWER!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i agree with he saved the best for last, lol
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 8:47 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I think that's more indicative of the relative importance the author placed on women, heh.

Scripturally though, in Genesis 1 he created the animals first, then man and woman together. In Genesis 2 he made man, then decided man needed a mate, so he made animals, none of which suited, and then he made woman.

So... make of that what you will. Me, I think God's a bit kinky.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 8:49 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't think He forgot. I think he had to take a break and think about making something that looked better than man. LOL!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Well, I read the whole Adam & Eve story as metaphor and not literally, but isn't that what the whole Lillith thing was about? There are versions that say Lillith was his first wife, so I assume that's what you mean. I don't think "He" forgot. I just think some people just left parts of the story out later.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• He had to wait on the permit to work on indoor plumbing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:03 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I like the idea of Lilith. I think she was left out and replaced with Eve to enforce the patriarchal ideals of those who wrote Genesis.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:13 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No He did not forget... Everything He did was a process.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:24 PM on May. 13, 2011