What does this sound like?

Daughter is almost 12. Very clingy, won't sleep alone, Has to be the last one to sleep. Yet she also like skimpy clothes(which I don't allow), and already likes boys (again I keep an eye on here) Has anyone gone through this same thiong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe she feels like she needs something extra, or more attention. I would talk to her about it, because it could lead to her being with boys who mistreat her, she sounds like she wants a lot of attention, and you don't want her to seek it in the wrong direction.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Definitely think she has the need to be around other people. As for the skimpy clothes...she knows she will get attention from boys by wearing them.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 12:28 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I have a 12 1/2 year old daughter and for a while, she would get clingy and have difficulty sleeping. We made mom and Sami dates where we went out and had dinner just the two of us so that she would get my undivided attention and could talk about whatever she wanted without her siblings around to inject or laugh at her. It helped alot.

As for the sleeping part - on occasion, one of her siblings would crash in her room and they'd have a sleep over. Also, my pediatrician ok'd the use of Melatonin which is a natural sleep aid and it worked wonders. She takes it about an hour or so before bedtime.

Patti_Mayo

Answer by Patti_Mayo at 10:08 AM on May. 16, 2011