As a mom who cose to circ. her son... I found this article nad now I feel bad.

http://www.cirp.org/library/procedure/plastibell/

They never told me he would be strapped down or that it would require that many clamps. I know they numbed his penis to some extent with topical anesthetic gel... I just had no idea... Did your doctors tell you any of this??  Mine sure didn't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• What 's done is done Sweetie. He will never remember. Just love him to pieces and don't worry about this anymore.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If I have a son me or dh will be with baby...thats the only way you know how someone is treating your child.
    This is a reason why im happy if i get all girls, I dont like the thought of cutting my son -- but I know my dh wants it done & I think he has a right to chose for his son (i have no clue what its like to have a penis! LOL)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:49 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My mom is a nurse and she said it is awful. My husband said no so my boys are still intact!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, I knew. BUT i still let the circumcize my son and it only took a few minutes- a short time . I am glad he had it. He has a son now and he and his son's Mom had him circumcized also. It is the best thing.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:19 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Don't feel bad. You made the decision you thought was best at the time.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:44 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Don't ask, don't tell. If you don't ask about it, they won't tell you.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• And to whoever said it was up to the DH's cause they have one, well he dosnt know what its like to have a natural penis, so comparison is not the same.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes my doctor told me they'd be strapping him down and showed me everything they'd be doing BEFORE I agreed. OUR problem was that DSHS considered it an elective surgery so would not cover the cost and our other insurance hadn't kicked in yet. Because of that my son was a month or two old when he got circumcised and was too big for even their largest board. The stuck a diaper under his head to try and cushion it. He screamed the whole time but I don't think it was all from the surgery. He's now 7 and STILL hates being pinned on his back. He can't tell us why, just that he doesn't like it.

If I ever have another son I'll be getting him circumcised too.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• glad i have 3 ladies
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• rosehawk, sounds so cold and sick the way you put it.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:31 PM on May. 13, 2011