For those of you who believe the end of the world is coming SOON....

do you still prepare for the future? Saving money for your retirement or your child's college education? If so, why?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 9:37 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Nobody said you can't be crazy and pragmatic at the same time. Well, they probably did.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:57 PM on May. 13, 2011

•  I will continue with life as I always have, regardless. If the world ceased to exist after May (like people are saying) then I would be okay with that. And if it didn't, well I would be okay with that too.

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 10:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Live life like you will die tomorrow...prepare for the future like you will live forever.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:44 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If it were my question, I'd ask if they'd just sign over their pensions and 401Ks to me. I'm sure I won't be chosen for the Rapture, and I'll have another, what is it?, six months to stay on this earth before that final judgement. I'll need some funding. Naturally, my husband and I both work, but if you Rapture-believers are pretty sure that this time it's for real, then you won't need that little nest-egg for much longer, and I'm offering to put it to good use. What do you say?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• LOL. That sounds like a plan,jsbenkert!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:18 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Well, the people that think the world is ending 5/21 have been signing their property over to the guru they follow. (What's he need it for?)
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 5:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Considering he has done this before and miscalculated I really want to know if the down turn in the economy has hurt his profits this time around.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:54 AM on May. 14, 2011

• The end of the world could come any day. No one knows. It might be tomorrow or it might be 20-40 years from now. So while I stay alert to signs of the end of the age, I do also take pragmatic steps to prepare for the future.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:33 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Of course! We don't know WHEN the end will come and must survive in the mean time.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:45 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Alanaplus3

Actually I'd be willing to bet that it has increased his profits - more people thinking this is the end.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:46 AM on May. 14, 2011