My son is 3 weeks old the doc says no water and my mother says he needs water what so you guys think ?

i dont wanna hurt him the doc went to school but mama has been around so i dont know what i should do cause i dont see how it would hurt him ...

zaylensmom

Asked by zaylensmom at 9:37 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He doesn't need water. listen to your doc

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• He does not need water if you are nursing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:39 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Half the things my mother told me applied 30 years ago when I was a baby. We've evolved medically since then, leaving my mother behind in the stone age. I hate to tell her that she's wrong, so I just don't anymore!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• my girls had water when they got home they are fine so I gave my girls water all the time I gave them milk to but you know what I mean so but it is up to you you are the mom
    stormey_wagner

Answer by stormey_wagner at 9:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i was always told no water but i did it anyway and my kids are 7yrs,3yrs. and 4yrs and they are fine
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 9:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You don't need to give them water for AT LEAST the first 6 months of his life...sorry honey..Dr always trumps Mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• no water. Milk/formula is all the liquid they need. An older infant(over 6 months) could have a few sips of water when it hot but it still isn't necessary. Giving water to young can put your infant at risk for water poisoning.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You shouldn't give a baby water. I went through this with my grandma when my twins were born! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My MIL told us the same thing when my oldest was born. We just nodded and smiled and listened to the doc and everything out there that says no water necessary! It will fill him up and water doesn't have enough nutrients that he needs.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:41 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I heard its dangerous to give them water. back when our mothers had little ones they didn't know. Doctors usually know what they're talking about.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:42 PM on May. 13, 2011