Vaginal Birth...

Okay, basically i want some stories/experiences. Lately I've been getting a lot of horror stories about vaginal birth. Like for example it hurts really bad and tears down in your vagina and also you poop everywhere from pushing so hard? Is this very common? Or just a couple peoples experiences that are frightening me!

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i had a c-section but my friends had vaginal births no you don't always poop when pushing and you don't always tear it can happen but doctor try not to let you tear these days also ill give you the best advice i can try not to plan you birth to much because it really never turns out like you want completely. like i side i had a c-section but planned for a vaginal but in the end all i wanted was a health baby boy and he was perfect and i healed really fast. so i hope i helped and good luck and congratulations
    djsmom1

Answer by djsmom1 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• LOL!!Oh my I remember feeling the same with my first.I was so afraid to have my hubby in there cause I was afraid I was going to poop everywhere.

Hun it could happen but everyone is different.I did not and with my first I had 3 stitches and with my second no rip/tear nothing.And I am small.I aint going to lie it hurts and it wil hurt for a while as you are healing.But that is to be expected.I wouldnt worry to much about it.You will probably have a beautiful birth.Just focus on your LO
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 11:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well... too be honest, yeah, of course it hurts. and i'll come out and say that i did both (peeing too!)while i was in active labor. but trust me, you're not thinking about it. and the nurses are usually really nice. no one's going to point and laugh if you have an accident. i think your attitude has a lot to do with it, too. like when you have to clean out a little cut or something. now, i can only speak for myself and i had a pretty easy, quick labor, especially for it being my first. nothing compares to it, and seeing that newborn baby really really really makes it worth it. you'll never feel anything like that relief and joy...
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Vaginal is how babies were designed to be born. I didn't have any of the experiences that you mention. Some people do. You can't let it scare you. You can have some control in your birth experience. Staying positive makes it go easier. Pain is part of labor, but you are a strong woman... you will have made it through 9 months of growing person! You can do this!
    I loved my birth experience. It is in my journal if you want to read it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have a c-section story that would horrify you but I don't normally tell it to expecting mothers out of courtesy. My second son, however, was vaginal. It was insanely quick, I was already 8cm by the time I was situated in my room and yes it was starting to get pretty painful. But, I had an epidural and before they even laid me back down I was laughing and joking with the nurses. They did have to cut me because my son's head was gianormous but it healed pretty quickly.
    I wouldn't worry about it, relax, stay focused and don't be afraid to ask for pain management if you need it.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I had 2 vaginal births and I'm just fine. I did get an episiotomy with both, but everything is just fine in that department(and I just had a 9lb baby!). And yes, squeezing a baby through your vagina hurts like hell, but you'd be surprised how fast you are back to normal again. It's pretty amazing! My second labor was drug free and I'm actually looking forward to having another baby AND another labor. It was that good of an experience. Don't let the horror stories scare you. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Every person has a different experience, don't freak yourself out with horror stories because it will just stress you out. I had a vaginal birth for both of my kids and  I didn't have any problem other than the epidural making me so itchy I wanted to scratch my skin off.  Pain is part of the process of having babies. I mean come on we push a football sized child out a 10 centimeter hole, of course it hurts. As for ripping well most doctor's do an episiotomy these days. It's safer and helps in the healing process afterwards as the skin can be stitched up in a straight line. I hope you have an easy pregnancy and an easier delivery.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I've had one birth so far and I didn't poop or pee but did tear some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had two of the greatest labors and deliveries. My first I was in labor for a long time but it was great. I got an epidural with both and I truly enjoyed giving birth to my boys. I did not tear at all with either of them. I did not poop or pee either. If you do the nurses probably won't even tell you. Most of the time they just pull the pad out and throw it away without you knowing. I don't know if you plan to get an epidural or not but it will help with the pain. It totally took all my pain away. All I felt when my babies came out was a little pressure. I literally felt no pain. It was great!! Don't listen to all the horror stories. You can do it! Good Luck!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Most people poop, but you don't care at all when you do. It's actually good because then you know you are pushing right! Also, don't worry about the pain from pushing, once you get to that point the pushing feels better than not pushing. It's a relief. The tearing and all of that doesn't hurt as much as you are imagining either. If you need an episiotomy you usually can't feel it by that point because the baby's head has cut off the circulateion to that part of your body and it's already numb even if you don't have any drugs. Good luck you'll be fine!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2008