Opening another can of worms on homosexuality :) adult content

"First of all, there is no proof that homosexuals are born in any particular way. But even if they are, the Bible CLEARLY states that it is a sin, just like gluttony, gossip, anger, etc."  -quote taken from said earlier thread.

What proof is needed to determine how homosexuals are born? If no proof is needed to determine a heterosexual is a heterosexual upon birth, and their sexual preferences are never questioned or debated, why should it be any different for homosexuals? how can people be so arrogant to assume heterosexuals are "superior" and DEFINITELY born that way but homosexuals CHOSE their sexuality? did you choose to be straight, or was it something you've known for as far back as you can remember? my guess is the latter. 

Second, where in the Bible is this crystal clear statement about homosexuality being a sin? You mean this extremely unclear scripture of Leviticus: "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." This is suppose to be the clear message for us hetero's regarding the condemnation of homo's. However, we all know it's completely unacceptable to perceive this in any other way than how it was literally written. This would mean killing is okay and forgivable, which is also "clearly stated" in the Bible is not okay! "Thou shalt not kill" -Exodus 20:13  Doth my eyes deceive me? A contradictory statement in the Holy Book itself?  I suppose it's only contradictory if you choose to believe it word for word.

Matthew 19:16 Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. But what if my neighbor is homosexual? Shall I not love him then? Perhaps someone can put this into perspective for me. 

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:46 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just don't get why the conservative religous types care so much - I mean really how does it affect them ? They should really worry about the plank in their eye before trying to remove the splinter in someone elses
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 10:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No one, and I don't care what faith or belief system you believe in or lack thereof, can or has the right to judge others based on their personal relationships. Just like I have no right to judge someone on their belief, I don't have that right to judge because they are straight or not.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I've never been able to understand what makes homosexuality such a problem for other people. Even if I were to grant that it was a sin, it's certainly no worse than any other sin, which people who abhor homosexuality commit daily and don't think badly of themselves for, because, as they will tell you, "we're all sinners."

Nor do I get why it should keep a person from having legal rights when other sins like adultery, rape, thievery, murder... well, they can still marry as long as it's someone of the same sex.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You are who you are, not place to judge anybody.
    Anonymous

• Either way, I'm for everyone being who they are. Whether anyone likes it or not. I think every person has the right to be happy and live life that way. I just don't get how another person's sexual preference can really affect other people so much. So what if to guys are married. How is that hurting anyone?
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Only God will have the final say.

can of wormsHelping you out here!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:50 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My take.
    I was raised to believe homosexuality is a sin.
    I was raised to believe all sin was equal in Gods eyes.
    I was raise to "remove the log from my eye before I remove the splinter from my neighbors eye"
    I am straight female. My best friend in the whole world is a lesbian.
    Could I be a lesbian, NO
    Do I just let God tend to me his way and to her his way? Yes
    There you have it in a nutshell IMO
    24Becky

Answer by 24Becky at 10:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We all sin. So why should one sinner judge another?

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 11:06 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I wish people did not care so much about how other folks get off.... And to use religion to back up their ridiculous homophobic b.s. is even more amusing.
    Love is love. the end.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 3:41 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I love how people say "we are all born sinners" and then add...."and homosexuality is a sin".

If you are all born sinners, why the need to specficially pinpoint homosexuality? It seems redundant.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:28 AM on May. 14, 2011