LUNCH IDEAS HELP PLEASE

I have company over every Sunday to eat lunch. I feel like we keep rotating through the same 7 dishes. I need something kind of easy. Any suggestions please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• A fritatta baked biscuits and fresh fruit?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• do you make fajitas or tacos? This is fairly quick and easy!

What about chicken parmesan? Pasta w/marinara. Use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs on chicken fillets and fry them in EVOO. YUMMY!

Deli platter/make-your-own sandwiches?

Soup? My favorite is my grandma's beef soup- Put a box and a can of Swanson's beef broth in a huge pot, add a can of stewed tomatoes, 2-3 medium diced potatoes, about half an onion chopped, cut-up carrots, a can of corn with juice, a can of cut green beans w/o the juice, chopped celery to taste. Start heating this up while you brown 2# of stew meat (you may have to cut the chunks up a bit more than the store does). Add the meat then add enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring to a boil. then simmer till the potatoes are cooked completely. (about 1 hour)
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I love this one. . . one leftover that never lasts long

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Baked-Ziti-and-Sausage

TTFN
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• How about a individual cold tray such as a bed of lettuce with a scoop of tuna or chicked salad, sliced tomatoes, crackers and maybe a cup of soup. We use to do this at my job.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Salsa Chicken! We get a bag of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, your choice of salsa, and cream cheese. Throw all the ingrediants in a slow cooker and woola! YUM Its great on tortillas!

Pinwheels are simple and very yummy!

Or if you do deserts, try No bake Pumpkin Pie....YUM!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008