Anyone else love keeping chickens and ducks?

Aeternam

Asked by Aeternam at 9:57 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pets

• Nope I hate chickens lol! I am a dog lover though!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Stinky, noisy and dirty.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:05 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It is illegal in my city to keep chickens/ducks in your yard.
    If it were legal and I had a yard I would be all over it!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:10 PM on May. 13, 2011

• We made sure we could have ours. We have as many as you do. Some are great and only a few are really sweet, but kinda second guessing getting ours now. They are actually a lot of work!
    EternalDiesirae

Answer by EternalDiesirae at 10:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• And nasty!
    EternalDiesirae

Answer by EternalDiesirae at 10:31 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I do! I have a small flock of chickens in pens in my backyard right now, plus another 25 or so chicks in my brooder at my MIL's house. We started getting them when the feed stores around here started getting their orders in from the big hatcheries- they were tiny!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:32 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I live in the suburbs of a city. In the CITY it is LEGAL to keep chickens. In this suburb it is ILLEGAL, unless you have 5 acres. Stupid stupid law.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 10:59 AM on May. 14, 2011

• We plan to get chickens next spring. I can't WAIT to have hormone & antibiotic-free, free-range chicken & eggs!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:18 PM on May. 14, 2011

• We have chickens, ducks, geese, and guineas. With the exception of my first flock, I've handled and imprinted all of them and they tend to respond to me the same way my dogs do. They run to greet me, follow me around while I'm working or doing chores, and hang out nearby when I'm sitting.

The ducks and geese mow the grass, the guineas eat the ticks and fleas (and every other pita bug) but leave the ladybugs alone. The chickens eat all the scraps, provide me with eggs and meat (well, they all do), and if you house them right they aren't 'stinky'. I've yet to smell any odor from my runs or coops. I use wire floors in my brooders and duckling truck and those are spotlessly clean as well.

At this point I couldn't imagine not having them around any more than I could see myself without cats or dogs.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If your on a farm and they are outside!!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 3:57 PM on May. 16, 2011