I fired my maid of honour!!!

So my maid of honour we have been friends for four years the reason I made her maid of honour was because she never turned her back on me after I got pregnant. But the problem is Im in Oklahoma she is in West Virginia and when I first told her I wanted her to be my maid of honour she was all excited and already looking at wedding stuff then after a about a month she all of a sudden stopped and I was basically planning my whole wedding by myself. I ended up hiring a wedding planner so paying MORE money because I was so stressed out. I brought up the subject and she made the comment, "Its because your not here." After talking to future mother in law and my fiancee I decided maybe I needed one of my new friends from Oklahoma since THEY ARE HERE. I just broke the news to her tonight and she got mad and I tried to explain but she said STOP RUBBING IT IN and hung up on me. Was I so wrong to fire her or did I have good reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• you could of had two maid of honors
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 12:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No but maybe you could of made her a bridesmaid cause they dont have to be all into helping plan with you like the maid of honor does
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't want to upset you. However, why would you expect her to do so much work for you? Did you choose her because she was your best friend or because you though she would make a good slave. Also she will be spending alot of her own time and money attending your wedding. I also though that the MOH really only helped out on the wedding day. Sorry you are in the wrong and you need to call her and say you are sorry. You just blew a good friendship over dumb-ass stuff.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 11:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was an out of state MOH...it is alot of work. She has to take off time to come to your wedding plus buy her dress, flight tickets, gifts for you. I would of had 2 maid of honors especially if she is or was your best friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2008