How can I get my 27 month old DS to sleep in his room?

We've had this problem months before my husband deployed, however before he left all was fine and DS(2yrs) was sleeping soundly in his room with no issues. Well my mother came to visit for 3 weeks and during her stay she was sneaking and letting my DS sleep with her. Well after she left I didn't understand why there was such a BIG fuss at bedtime I mean screaming and crying as if someone was harming him. I then let him sleep with me (big mistake) but I would place him in his bed once he was asleep. Well hours later he would get back in bed with me and well this would go on all night- until the morning.

Well I still have a few months to fix this issue before hubby gets home but I am wondering what's some good tips to make a smooth transition, if any? I mean I can not stand to hear him just screaming and crying and trust me I have tried it. Seems like everything I have tried doesn't soothe him unless he is in my bed. Any advice or tips?

BrandyTheMommy2

Asked by BrandyTheMommy2 at 10:38 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Supernanny had a technique that I can't find anymore. Start by sitting on the floor right next to his bed. Look into neutral space and DO NOT engage him in any way.Do this for several days until he figures out that you're not going to leave him alone. Then, slowly start moving out the door. Every few days sit further away from him and closer to the door, by inches.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:50 PM on May. 13, 2011