Should I stop my mama from seeing my oldest daughter?

My mama has an unhealthy attachment to my oldest daughter. She even told me one day that she was more like her daughter than her granddaughter. She spoils her rotten. Lexi could literally get away with murder. My mama lets her eat whatever she wants whenever she wants and doesnt make her do a thing. The worst part is whenever I try to get onto Lexi in front of her she undermines me and now Lexi refuses to listen to me whenever I try to tell her something. I really need some help here. Thnx!

wootens91

Asked by wootens91 at 10:50 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Limit it, but do not stop completely. Talk to your mom again.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I would severely restrict how much time Lexi spends with gramma UNTIL gramma gets on board with your parenting style.

I'm doing that right now with my father. He's a jerk and completely disrespects me in front of my kids. When they go spend the (infrequent) night at his house they're little shitheads for the next month and I have to totally reparent them. My daughter is spending her last night there tonight and that will be IT until they're older or my father pulls his head out of his ass.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• and maybe dont let her see your mom for a while just to make your point that she is your kid and you say what goes ,gl
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 10:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You call the shots with your children not grandma. I would not stop her from being in her life, I would schedule it to your convenience. To me that is very disrespectful of your mama toward you because she is stepping on your toes. Nip it in the burtt asap.

Talk to your mom again and let her know how u feel. Good luck.
    MommyDimples

Answer by MommyDimples at 10:59 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Ive tried limiting her time with Lexi but she gets all hysterical and says im trying to take her away and then she tells daddy all these lies and he calls me and cusses me out for stuff I didnt even say. Im scared she may try and take Lexi from me again if i try to put to much distance between her and Lexi....I was 17 when I had Lexi and my mama believed a bunch a lies that were said and kicked me out and took Lexi. It was several months before I even got to see her and even longer before I got her back. The whole situation is tricky and so frustrating!
    wootens91

Comment by wootens91 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on May. 13, 2011

• If the courts aren't involved I would careless what anybody has to say about raising MY child it sounds like your mom is doing it because she trying to raise you through her all over again( if u get what I mean). The grandma is serious about what she is doing and is not going to back of,f I know. So the hell what your daughter father says don't even answer his calls if its not something important about your child or hang up on him if he tries to start a fight and the same with your mom and discipline you child so she know who MAMA IS!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:43 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Keep your child the hell away from her I wouldn't care if you was 13, or you'll live to regret it, that's your child
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:03 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree with limiting their time together.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:57 AM on May. 14, 2011

• fyi mothers intend to do that alot so i talked to my mother and told her all i want her to do is disipline her more so she will know better and then she ca spoil her all she wants
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 2:48 PM on May. 14, 2011

• well im trying to do the limitin thing. i told my mama thursday that i was keepin lexi for the weekend and bout an hour ago my daddy txt me and said they were on ther way to get lexi cause my mama was hysterical cause she didnt get lexi this weekend. they didnt even ask they just said they were on their way. grrr....!!!!!! my mamas relationship with lexi is NOT healthy
    wootens91

Comment by wootens91 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on May. 14, 2011