Have you ever pondered if God and Satan are the same person?

Assuming for the sake of argument they exist, do you ever wonder if God and Satan are not separate entities but extreme facets of the same entity?

bishopblack

Asked by bishopblack at 11:03 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Never. I believe what the Bible says
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:04 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, like oppopsite sides of the same coin . In the Old Testament , God can be very vengeful, but in modern times his wrath has been sanitised and the anger dumped on Satan.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:07 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No,that's saying God is an Jeckle and Hive. I believe that's how u spell it but you know what i'm saying.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:09 PM on May. 13, 2011

• No. I never thought that at all. God gave us free will to do the right thing (or wrong) but Satan whispers in our ear to fall from grace. God wants us to do the right thing but he wants us to come to Him of our own volition.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:16 PM on May. 13, 2011

Answer by mamaofficer 46 minutes ago

*********************
    Jekyll and Hyde?
    Well...I bet there are a billion versions of God and the Devil,depending on which church you attend and whether or not we even believe in them. LOL. I am fairly certain that there is GOD, but I don't believe there is a Devil. The Devil is just us--our dark and mean side.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Minnesotanice wait until something comes to visit you in the dead of night. It's happened to me.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:09 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I suppose that depends on which religion you are discussing. Of course, since you used the name "God" and the name "the devil" you are referring to some sect of Christianity.
    That being said.. All sects of Christianity believe in the Bible.
    If the Bible is the Word of God, literal, and innerant as most believe..
    Then one has to lOok there for the answer.

The Bible teaches - even in the old King James versions.. That God and the Devil are different.
    It teaches that the Devil was an angel who was jealous of God's grace and love for humans, and due to his pride, he fell from grace. He has opposed God since, trying to prove man is not worthy by causing us to turn from God
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 12:18 AM on May. 14, 2011

• No. The intensity of the love for me and the hate for me is too extreme
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:28 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Amen adnilm! Satan is a liar and the father of lies. God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:53 AM on May. 14, 2011

• No
    MmeCS

Answer by MmeCS at 4:07 AM on May. 14, 2011