Magnesium citrait to induce labor

has anyone tried this and was it affective i am 38 weeks pg right now and about 1 1\2 cent and about 30 to 40% effaced

shannonmcgeehen

Asked by shannonmcgeehen at 11:15 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only reason it would work, is because it will dehydrate you.

Let me tell you some not so pretty truth to consider before you go about it, though. I have dealt with eating disorders for years, and used to use this to make myself poop everything out before it could digest. You will not be able to leave a toilet for long enough to deliver. You will be pooping out pea-soup consistency poo for hours and hours on end.

Ever had a colonoscopy or lower bowel scope? That is what they use to clear you out and scrub your insides clean. It moves EVERYTHING out of you.

Personally, I would walk and have a lot of sex...and I am 37-38 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, so I know how bad you want that baby out!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:19 PM on May. 13, 2011

• They gave it to me to stop my labor soooooooo I wouldn't think it would work. But maybe it is one of those meds that does different things at different dosages.
    Emily1226

Answer by Emily1226 at 11:26 PM on May. 13, 2011

• the pharmacist told me that it is the closest thing to caster oil on the market right now
    shannonmcgeehen

Comment by shannonmcgeehen (original poster) at 11:29 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Magnesium relaxes muscles whereas calcium contracts them HOWEVER you have to be careful about your calcium to magnesium ratios because that can cause a whole host of other problems. For a pregnant woman, it is usually given to STOP labor. Magnesium will also make you go to the bathroom so don't overdo it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on May. 14, 2011

• the only thing that worked for me was pitocin! good luck!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 4:46 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I totally understand wanting your LO to get the heck out of your belly and into your arms, especially in your case. However, trying to induce your labor is generally not a great idea and letting it happen naturally is the safest way to get the job done. I do agree with the first post, have LOTS of sex and don't let DH pull out before he finishes! The sperm is a natural labor-inducer...I didn't want to have sex but I wanted my DS out SO bad when I hit 39weeks that I gave in and had as much sex as possible with DH. 2 days later, I was holding DS! Good luck Mama!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 2:27 AM on May. 15, 2011