What was the thing, that made you feel old?

the one that stick out in my mind, is having to check the next box on web-sites and paperwork.
I'm no longer the 26-35
I've moved up to the 36-45...
SO, So, sad..
Talking to the younger people at work, who haven't heard of this or that song or person.
The latest was two girls at work who'd never heard the song "Take this job and shove it"

my other not so nice, that actually make me feel kinda good.. Is seeing the people, I thought of as old when I was younger - still looking the same and still old. Meaning, I hope that I'm still old, to the younger kids, when I'm actually older..
(hope that made sense)

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 11:21 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I felt old for about 2 seconds when my granddaughter was born. But, I got over it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:39 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I think today's slang is what makes me feel old as hell! Whenever I'm around my younger cousins and they have conversations I'm at a complete lost. And the funny thing it gets even more weird the older we get. SMDH
    MommaNay156

Answer by MommaNay156 at 11:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Let's see...when I took my 21 year old brother in for chemo and the nurse asked him if my 2 year old was his daughter....he said "no, that's my niece"...she was sitting on my lap, so the nurse came to play with her for a minute and said "What are you doing out with grandma today?!" LMAO. I am 28 years old! I'm not my 21 year old brother's mother...I am not my 2 year old's GRANDMA! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• When my daughter (11 years old) told me not to stop coloring my hair because people would think I'm her grandmother! (I went gray early... I have the gray hair of someone who is 70 years old).
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:23 PM on May. 13, 2011

• When I found my first grey hair. :-(
    Anonymous

• I notice a frown line
    :(
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:25 PM on May. 13, 2011

• OLD??? Just wait. You are Soooooooo young now. I am 68.....that's old. BUT,I feel young and I don't whine about how old I am.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:28 PM on May. 13, 2011

• turning 40 didnt make me feel as bad as I thought it would, When my oldest son turned 2o and I could no longer say I had a teenager, but had to say my baby was 20-something, THAT made me feel old...thankfully I had babies at 39 that make me appear ypounger than I am, also my husband is 9 years younger than me , so that helps me forget too, lol...I am starting to have anxiety about turning 45 this summer tho...
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• When I turned the BIG 3-0. Since then I've noticed every new wrinkle or line on my face that seems to appear daily...I suddenly stopped dancing like I used to. I feel like society places limites on our age and it isn't fair damnit. I feel 19...I will be 33 in Nov.

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 11:44 PM on May. 13, 2011

• omg! who has never heard of the song "take this job and shove it"??? LOL

for me it was the craving to get home in pj's and bed at 9:30 or 10:00 at night while all my friends are barely getting to the club : P
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 11:49 PM on May. 13, 2011