Pregnancy test ?

I took a dollar store test and it came up with a faint positive after the time limit. So I went and bought a digital test and it said not pregnant....what should I do? Or which test do I believe...should I test again tomm with FMU

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The dollar store test could be more sensitive to hcg. I know that digtal tests need a higher amount to show a positive. Make a doctor appt and tell them you had a positive and negative test. They should do blood work to verify. OR you could wait a couple more days and test again. Remember to take the test first thing in the morning. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't believe that there is such thing as a false positive but I know people get false negatives all the time...I had 2 false negatives and still ended up being pregnant...if your still not sure, go to the Dr
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:39 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Take that digital test apart. If it is a faint positive, sometimes it doesn't "trip" them to register as positive on the read out. I like being able to interpret my own test. The only thing that would worry me about the dollar store test is that if it was too far outside the time window, it may have been an "evaporation line".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:43 PM on May. 13, 2011

• All women and pregnancies are different. Some women will test positive right away. Other women have to let the HCG build up in their system for about two weeks of not having their period... It just depends on your body and the baby. All pregnancy test are very accurate. Whether you buy the cheap ones or the expensive ones. I would wait a couple more days and test when you first wake up. Your pee is more concentrated then and you will have a better chance of detecting HCG at that time... Good luck!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:58 PM on May. 13, 2011

• if you feel that you are pregnant and you have the symptoms go see a gynocologist so that you will know for sure, and stop playing the the guessing game.
    msworry

Answer by msworry at 12:08 AM on May. 14, 2011

• go to the dr i took a dollor store test it was positive went to get a digital one came out negative i even goten my pd but 7 months later i started to feel moving since i dinit know i was pregnet i was so shocked i dinit go to the dr but i should have now i have a baby you need to find out cause if you are you need prenatal vitamins good luck
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 12:09 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Anything after the time limit does NOT count. Go with the digital results.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:29 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Anything after the time limit does not count, it is an evoporation line, if you believe your are pregangt want a few days and test agian it maybe too early for the test. good luck.
    Digital test work different so do not take it apart cuz there will be 2 lines and that does not mean you are pregnant see peeonastick.com, she explains how the digital test work.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:10 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Digitals are not nearly as sensitive
    Linzeekp

Answer by Linzeekp at 10:21 AM on May. 14, 2011