Dave Ramsey/ Cash only ?

My hubby took away the credit card and I am looking for tips on using money wisely. I am almost broke and trying to hang on to my last $15 for the next week.

I think one big prob is that I need to get out sometimes for my sanity, but need to stay home so as not to spend gas money or money at the stores, and so on.

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 12:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• You will adapt. Then you will be amazed at how much more money your family has when the credit card debt is gone. Paying cash for everything is a great way to go.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Find you a good thrift store close by. I know exactly how you feel.
    momofthree1084

Answer by momofthree1084 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Dollar stores are your friend! If you need to get out talk a walk around the block, go to a friends house, its tough living when your broke, do a budget and find yourself things that can be cheap and fun, parks are free and so are backyards! Thats what i do.
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Join the group here on Cafe Mom. It will show you how to stretch your money shopping at CVS and Walgreens. http://www.cafemom.com/group/34505
    Sell stuff you don't use on Ebay, have a yard sale. I know exactly what you mean. I like to have some money to spend on me or my kids, I hate living paycheck to paycheck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Go walk around your mall. You don't have to buy anything.
    sharee1400

Answer by sharee1400 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2008