Why is this such a big issue? (we want another wedding)

my DH and I went to vegas for a business trip of his and we did the trashy vegas wedding- just us in this crummy chapel and mine as well been hitched by elvis but point being at that time we discussed we wanted a small/ private wedding- after going home from vegas we both felt it wasnt right and now want a larg more NORMAL/FORMAL wedding w/our kids , family and friends....buuuut most friends and some family are against it saying its a big waste of money- yes it might be but we want to do it right i want to wear a nice gown that I want and bought instead of one that was borrowed on a hanger by the front door wore by 500,000 other drunk women! the same goes for my DH.
any of you done this before?

Kayge

Asked by Kayge at 11:48 PM on May. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It's none of their damn business what you spend your money on. Pardon my french.

Have fun, rock some heels, and drink some bubbly. If they wanna be miserable and complain about the fun, then don't invite em! =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It's your money. Do what you want with it....Me and DH will probably also end up renewing our vows because my family wasnt there and my dress wasnt ready in time lol...I got married in my pastors backyard with only a few people there and I was in a yellow summer dress....my point is..you don't need a reason to do whatever the hell you want to do with YOUR money. If they have a problem with it tell them they don't need to come. Congragulations mama...I hope it's everything you want it to be =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:56 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I know plenty of people who have done the "paperwork" weddings and then have had the big nice weddings when they were ready and could afford it. Whatever their circumstances were...wanted to get married before a deployment, were pregnant and wanted to get married before the baby was born but didn't want to be huge at their wedding, wanted to move in together and wanted to be married first, but couldn't afford the big wedding then...WHATEVER IT WAS...it was their choice and I think everyone should have a nice wedding if they want one.

I'm not even the "girly girl" that has dreamed of my wedding forever. I actually don't plan to ever get married (been together 14 years), and certainly nothing more than the drunk Vegas wedding you described, but I realize that other women and families WANT that BADLY...and why does anyone think it is their business?!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:00 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Tell them you're renewing your vows. Maybe that'll shut them up. Or just tell them it's none of there business which it's not and that if they want to deprive you of having a real wedding they will quickly find themselves at home while everyone else is getting their pictures taken for your wedding album.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:06 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I suppose it depends on why you're having the second wedding. If you're having a second wedding to celebrate your union, and you're paying for it yourselves, then by all means invite everyone and anyone you want. If, on the other hand, you're expecting anyone else to chip in... then you should have included them the first time and waited. You may have hurt some feelings, and this is their way of "punishing" you.

I do know one gal who realized she was going to be out a lot of presents because she didn't have a big wedding. She eloped to vegas, but wanted her parents to throw a huge wedding. That was just wrong.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:21 AM on May. 14, 2011

• You do what you want to do and for the nay sayers then they don't have to come or don't invite them.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 2:44 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I see no problem with it. I think your reasons are perfectly justifiable.

DH and I have been married for almost 7 years. Eventually I would like to have another wedding when we renew our vows. Our first wedding was beautiful, but there's so many things I would like to do over. I'd like to hold it in my home state, where more of my family can come, and my dad can be there walk me down the aisle. (he didn't get to the first time, it's a long, complicated story)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:51 AM on May. 14, 2011