Is it wrong to get into the buisness of my cusin and how often they bathe there baby

ok my cusin only bathes her child about maybe 2 times in two weeks i tell her to bathe him every other day cause thats not good and she got made at me an told me to stay out of it was i wrong but im just looking out for the baby she thinks its ok to bathe a baby ever two weeks

jack90

Asked by jack90 at 11:58 PM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Their baby is their business but while you there you could nicely offer to bathe him, don't offend your cousin though, just say you feel like giving him a bubble bath.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:00 AM on May. 14, 2011

• If the baby not getting bathed is messing with his health, then by all means. If not, I'd say butt out.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:01 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Babies don't need a bath every other day. My kids both (9 months and 3 years) get bathed when they are dirty... about twice a week. More often than that and you risk messing with resident flora (the good germs on your body) and increasing risk of infection, especially UTI.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:04 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I say babies need 2 b bathed more than once week..and it is ur business u care about ur cousin..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 12:22 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I think this is MYOB unless baby is stinky and you are close to your cousin but I could see how she was offended/insulted.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 1:23 AM on May. 14, 2011

• i dint mean to insult her but the baby smelled like pee and he had bad dipper rash that why i told her that maybe she should take him more baths
    jack90

Comment by jack90 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on May. 14, 2011

• and i know my cusin is she is vary lazy i was looking out for my little cusin i dont want him geting infections cause the mother dinit feel like batheing him
    jack90

Comment by jack90 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on May. 14, 2011

• If it is making him sick you should butt in otherwise it should be left alone.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:56 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Yes, you should be concentrating on your spelling and grammar before pointing the finger at others.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I think you should say he smells bad, simple. And say, "Do you want your kid to be the stinky kid from the time he is a baby?" And also, that if he needs to go to the dr. cause of a rash, that wont be good.
    Buy her some new bathing stuff, wash, and a few toys, also some good diaper rash cream. I'd just keep bugging her. She is family so sh cant get rid of you lol. Maybe mention it to other family members and they can get on her too.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:55 AM on May. 14, 2011