Can being sick harm my baby?

I am 34 weeks pregnant, and I have been just puking all day today. I'm getting worried because I am getting these sharp pains in my abdomen after wards and he hasn't moved that much even whenever I try to eat.

KhemiV

Asked by KhemiV at 11:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you need to stay hydrated. That is key. drink water and Gatorade. If you aren't feeling any movement call you dr. Do you have a virus?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You should also be careful if you have a fever. The main thing is to get lots of fluids and keep your temp down.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I asked my doctor if throwing up everyday does anything to the baby (because toothpaste makes me throwup bc of the taste). She said it doesn't hurt her at all, which is a good thing because some women throw up through the whole time. However if the reason you're throwing up is what is concerning you, call you doc to make sure everything's alright. And definitely do stay hydrated.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• YOU MAY HAVE THE FLU WITH MY FIRST PREGNANCY I GOT THE FLU.. AND IT WAS THE SAME SYMPTONS, YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR MAKE AN APPT TO MAKE SURE.. AND KEEP REALLY HYDRATED....
    LATINMOMMY2008

Answer by LATINMOMMY2008 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008