Induction story's?

I'd love to hear other woman's induction story's whether from your doctor, or a home remedy to their labor and delivery!

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 12:25 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My doctor stripped my membranes. Around midnight my water broke and I started getting my first contractions. I labored for almost 24 hours, Pushed for 4 hours. My son was tilted, and could not fit through my pelvis, so I had a C-Section. He was born with a squished nose and a giant bruise on his head from being stuck in my pelvis. He was huge too, 10lbs 3oz. WOOHOOO what a ride. It was worth every second of pain.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:40 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Oh yeah I meant to say.....If you are not dangerously over-due I say WAIT til your body is ready!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:41 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I agree! If it is not a medical necessity, I would advise avoiding induction.

I was induced due to pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks. My body didn't respond, even though I labored for 2 days--baby's heartbeat stayed strong throughout, so the OB let me keep trying for a vaginal birth. Contractions weren't increasing, nor was dialation. My body knew the difference between "real" labor and "induced" and didn't want to cooperate, so at day 3 OB advised a C-section.

Induction does not guarantee the birth of your dreams.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:04 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I was induced with Cytotec. WORST THING THAT HAS EVER BEEN DONE TO ME!!!

Later they started the pitocin. After 24 hours of labor I got an epidural. 3 hours later I gave birth to my daugther after 2 hours of pushing. My placenta was delivered 15 minutes later. Then the real trouble began. The combination of the Cytotec and the pitocin caused my uterus to hyperstimulate. I then began bleeding out. There was so much blood pouring out of my body that I could hear it splashing onto the floor.

My IV came out. They tried starting a new one but we unsucessful. Finally a doctor got it. They gave me blood transfusions and medications to stop the bleeding and slow the uterus.

My blood pressure and my heart rate dropped. I thought I was going to die and from later conversations I was informed that so did my doctor.

Thankfully I was saved. My biggest advise is to EDUCATE YOURSELF about inductions and their risks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I went in to get induced at 8:30 A.M. Was started on pitocin at 10 A.M. After a few hours the doctor broke my water. At about 8:40 P.M. that night I was dilated at 9, the doctor told me to see what happens when I pushed. I pushed and my daughter's head was coming out. The doctor went and grabbed some nurses (no one else was in the room), came back in, I pushed about 5-6 more times and my daughter was out. It was quick and easy. I wouldn't do it any other way.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:19 AM on May. 14, 2011

• first dd, doc said my amneotic fluid was low, and wanted to have me induced.. well I was induced dec. 21rst through IV.. but I wasn't dialating, so they induced me with the gel stick on a string thingy, (lol sorry it was 7 am when they came and told me the name of it, so I was sooo not awake yet, lol). Turns out my fluid was fine, (especially as it gushed all over the nurses shoe when I got the epidural). The doc just didn't want to have to deliver on xmas any babies (which is why my brothers gf was across the hall giving birth on the same day). So my dd and nephew were born the same day an hour and a half apart.
    my second dd, all we did was scrap my cervix. no medicine :). My water broke the next day.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I was induced two weeks early because of high blood pressure. My Dr had been monitoring my blood pressure for a couple of weeks and it just kept getting worse. It went okay except that the girl putting my IV in didn't really know what she was doing. She poked the crap out of my poor veins! They induced me on a Monday afternoon and I had my baby Tuesday morning! They gave me me something to help me sleep through the night, I think it was Ambien? Anyway I slept and then a contraction would wake me up, and I'd fall back asleep and then I'd get another contraction and I'd wake up again. That part was kind of sucky too.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:47 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I was induced with my 3rd at 37 weeks. It was by far the best of my deliveries (I had 3 vaginal births, 2 where I went into labor gradually and 1 induced, and 2 csections). They started the pitocin and 5 hours later, my daughter was born. It was wonderful!

Answer by missanc at 9:21 AM on May. 14, 2011

• i was enduced due to high blood pressure at 38 weeks i went in at 10pm on the 16th of march my dd was born on march 17th at 12:09pm. i was already 2cm dilated and about 75% affaced and had been 1cm dilated and 50%affaced since i was 26weeks along..everything was fine when they started that gel thingy i got 2doses of that and they nurse who kept checking how far i was dilating had big hands for a women and that was no fun she hurt me everytime she had to check me and disagreed with what my doc said on my file! my doc said i was 2cm and the nurse said i was mayb 1cm if that!!! i tried walking up and dwn the halls to try and get things moving didnt work i was soo hungry it was unreal they told me i couldnt eat anything when i went in to the hosp turned out i could have b4 they started the iv of potocine!!! i started to cry i was soo hungry and had been eating ice chips for 2hrs. the potocine hurt so bad it was the worst pain

rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:32 AM on May. 14, 2011

• that i ever went through..if i have the choice this time i wont do it ..my doc had to be calld to the hosp when it was time for me to start pushing she had gone home to let her dogs out and goes well im glad you went b4 my c-section that i had to delay!! i pudh bout 4times and my dd was born i almost had to have a transfussion for all my blood loss but my doc gave me a day b4 giving me on and my iron was ok enough she didnt give me one just wrote me a script for iron to take..i would never do it again if i have the choice i wanted to go through natural labor then and would like to with this one as well if i have to then i have too but wont ever do it by choice
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:37 AM on May. 14, 2011