Loosing my mind!!! adult content

loosing my mind here, been trying to conceive but NO ofcourse i got my period when it was expected i tested anyways and it was negative. How can this be happening im young, healthy, and was trying atleast 3 times a week.

i stopped taking birth control 2 weeks in of the month of april. been trying ever since. not sure if im just not used to having a heavy period but is it normal? i have a few blood clots very dark rich can it be anything related to pregnancy?

is there any chance that i may be its just not showing ?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 12:29 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You've only been trying to conceive since April? Unfortunately, conceiving is not like flipping a switch. You don't necessarily get pregnant as soon as you stop birth control. In fact, your probability of getting pregnant is only 20% per cycle.

If the pregnancy test was negative, and you've got your period, then most likely you're not pregnant.

It took me 2 years to get pregnant. I'm not saying it's going to take you just as long, but it's actually rarer to get pregnant right away, so be patient, enjoy trying, and if there is a problem, get yourself to a reproductive endocrinologist.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:35 AM on May. 14, 2011

• my sister in law had a hard time getting pregnant after getting off birth control, it might be because of the birth control. ask your doctor if your birth control can do that
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:39 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I've been trying sine January, young healthy here too. Sometimes it just takes time sorry, but trust me I know how frustrating it is for that period to show up, mine was EARLY this cycle EARLY grrr drove me nuts!
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 1:02 AM on May. 14, 2011

• You've only been trying since April...that''s not long at all honey..also you have to remember that it takes time for all the chemicals from the birth control to leave your body...It took me a year and 4 months of trying once I stopped my birth control and I'm only 27...have patience, know that stress is not conducive to pregnancy and enjoy the trying part =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:52 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Tell your husband that YOU have to "finish" after HE has made his "deposit"

livewell

Answer by livewell at 6:19 AM on May. 14, 2011

• YOU HAVE ONLY BEEN TTC SINCE April? And you are complaining already?

It can take up to a year to concieve in perfectly healthy couples. If you are coming off of birth control it can take the birth control 6 months to leave your system which is why it is recommened to stop taking it about 6 months BEFORE starting to TTC.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn how your body works. You will get pregnant MUCH faster if you chart and actually have intercourse when you are FERTILE.

As for the heavier period that is probably a result of coming off of the birth control.

Anonymous

• be patient honey ! you think this waiting game is stressful just wait till you do get pregnant and your due date has came and gone and your feet are so swole and you cant bend over ,or you cant sleep at night or heart burn is just aweful you will have to sleep sitting up ! trust me and then waking up every hour feeding changing diapers its a job and the only way you can get through any of it is to be very patient and keep enjoying life when god wants you to get pregnant you will i will be praying for you !!!!!!!! keep me informed
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 11:09 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yep, patience...took us a few years, too. Keep track of your periods, know when you're ovulating (it took me a while to figure out that my cycles are 5 weeks long instead of the "normal" 4 weeks, so I wasn't ovulating 2 weeks after the 1st day of my period...but 3 weeks. That 1 week adjustment makes a difference!!
    debscards

Answer by debscards at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2011