How long would you wait before you moved in with your boyfriend?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't until a ring was on my finger, and we each said "I do".
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:40 AM on May. 14, 2011

• 1 year
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:42 AM on May. 14, 2011

• 1 year... Enjoy the boyfriend/girlfriend phase as long as possible... Once you live together, you're something between bf/gf and husband/wife... Not necessarily a comfortable phase, and it can kill a relationship if entered into too quickly.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 12:43 AM on May. 14, 2011

• well I made the mistake of moving in with my ex within a few weeks. My bf now,we have been dating 9 months and we still don't live together, I've found it's easier to take your time and get to know someone
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:54 AM on May. 14, 2011

• We waited 1 week less than a year. Best move Ive ever made
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:56 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I second what these wise woman have said.
    People who are dating - ESP during the so-called "honeymoon phase" are putting their best foot forward, it's easy to trust and be loving when you're in that.
    You may justify that it will save you both money - ESp in this economy.
    But then get a same sex hetero roommate (fully check them out).

You may justify the person "has been there for you", but until you've put a couple years in, of course they are! It's still new!

If you are truly loved, you're worth waiting for. If not, how will you weather the really tough issues that come with cohabitation.

Watch out for those who push you or try to convince you. Anything under a year is DEF too fast and anything you have ANY unsurety about is too fast..
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 12:56 AM on May. 14, 2011

• PS: make sure no matter when you do it that:

- you have physical support group nearby
    - you maintain regular contact w others.. In person and not
    - you keep your own money set aside
    - you keep your accounts separate for 1-2 years
    - you aren't dependent on their transport or provision
    - you dint see any patterns of impulsiveness, yelling or disrespect
    - you have a nest egg
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 1:00 AM on May. 14, 2011

• We moved in together immediately, got married a year later and life rocks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 14, 2011

• It really depends on the couple honestly. Sometimes its Right and you know it and its ok. I think anything under 5-6 months is too fast. I actually just got back from spending 10 days with my boyfriend of 1.5 months and its was hard. We're still getting to know each other as a couple and it felt kinda suffocating. We still need our seperate space till we know each other more ya kno? I was going to spend the summer with him (the next 3 months)..but we think right now it isnt the best idea. However we are looking sometime in November-Janurary to move in with each other. We thought about doing it sooner just cuz he lives in the city im trying to move to and I cant get a place on my own without a job, so to help save money for both of us it would be easier. But we know whats best and healthy for our relationship and living with each other right now isnt a good idea!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:30 AM on May. 14, 2011

• We waited 6 months to move in together and to be honest with you, it might have been too soon...the next few months were VERY rocky but we got through it and a year later we got married...things arent perfect but we are happy =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:36 AM on May. 14, 2011