WH says Libya mission is open-ended

Didn't Obama say the Libya mission would be days, not weeks? And now it's an open-ended mission. Guess Iraq and Afghanistan don't have us spread thin enough.

What say you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110513/ap_on_re_us/us_us_libya

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 12:52 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He changes his mind a lot, huh?  He said "no boots on the ground" too and we know how that went...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theenvoy/20110329/ts_yblog_theenvoy/obama-stopping-libya-slaughter-justified-but-military-regime-change-would-be-mistake

"I said that America's role would be limited; that we would not put ground troops into Libya; that we would focus our unique capabilities on the front end of the operation, and that we would transfer responsibility to our allies and partners. Tonight, we are fulfilling that pledge," Obama said, saying the 28-member NATO alliance would take over command of all military functions in Libya starting on Wednesday.

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:04 AM on May. 14, 2011

• link for "no boots on the ground" above comment...

Marine Expeditionary Unit includes ground, helicopter forces

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=9032

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:08 AM on May. 14, 2011

• But that's ok. The free passes will just flow.. Nothing this man had told the American people has turned out to be the truth. Some of us new that, but for others? Well, see the free pass comment
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:19 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I know we always revert back to 'Vietnam' analogies; however, the 2 lessons from that war are these; 1. Don't let politicians run a war; 2. Don't get involved in a country's civil war. PBO has proven with Libya that he hasn't learned either lesson.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:25 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I say...he needs more TIIIIIME to fix Bush's mess!!

LOL...I just wanted to see what it felt like to say that with a serious face....I really don't now how the libs do it!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• ahhhhhh, it's not like a real war. You know, no boots on the ground or anything like that. (eye roll)
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:27 AM on May. 14, 2011

• As long as he doesn't call it a war his supporters don't need to use their free pass. Those will come out about the time that he finally admits that it is a war that we are engaged in. I wonder if their free passes have different excuses written on them or if they all have to use the same lines.

This is what we get when we elect someone with very little relevant experience for a job they are not equipped or prepared to do.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on May. 14, 2011

• This is what we get when we elect someone with very little relevant experience for a job they are not equipped or prepared to do.

***

Apparently the "on the job training" program isn't working out too well. I suppose if we were able to see his college transcripts, we might have been able to predict such an outcome!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:29 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I suppose if we were able to see his college transcripts, we might have been able to predict such an outcome!! LOL :o)

LOL, somehow I doubt his grades could have helped us predict how deficient he would be as a leader.  His voting record and severely lacking resume should have given us a hint though.  He hadn't accomplished anything before being promoted to the highest seat in the land.  For some reason, the movie Idiocracy comes to mind when I think about how divisive and stupid our government is. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:41 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I am extremely disappointed with this Libya mess. Now we are involved too heavily and need to extricate ourselves, I just really hope this doesn't go on with no end in sight. Obama and the military need to make a bold move and get out.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:43 AM on May. 14, 2011