Citizens Arrest Update #3

I pressed charges today and appear in court next Wed. Like I told the officer, all I want is for these kids to be safe! She's out of jail awaiting court hearing next week. Their Grandparents retain temporary custody of the kids. From there, it's up to the judge. They have pictures of my black eye and recording of her cursing me & her daughter. For those of you who wonder why I didn't hit her back, the reason is I didn't want to be slapped with an assault charge from this idiot and the little girl was scared enough, she didn't need to see me fighting with her mom. Thanks for all your kind words and support! Really and trully it has helped me tremendously to get through this! You guys are AWESOME!

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 12:59 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• way to go You really are a Hero!!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:03 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Can you make this into a journal? I had a hard time finding the other two updates, and I REALLY want to find out what happens. I am so proud of you, and you are doing what any decent person should have done. I am glad you are pressing charges. It will be up to the judge to determine what type of punishment she will get. That girl will see you as her angle someday. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:33 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Please keep updating us on what's happening.
    Thank you for your strength in this situation. How nice it must have been for that little girl to have someone stand up for her.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:02 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I'm so proud of you!!! Please kep us updated and make sure you go to court! This woman deserves all she has coming to her!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:07 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I just read your other posts about this and I'm in awe of your actions, you saved those kids life, you are their blessing. God put you in their path for a reason. I hope those kids get the love they deserve and that monster is locked up.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:58 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Not hitting back was definitely the smart and mature choice, kudos.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 4:49 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I applaud you because honestly, I don't now if I would have thought enough about the consequences of smacking the lunatic! I might have just done it, you were able to be extremely level headed! congrats on the whole thing in general!!!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:25 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Oh wow hun, this has to be kind of tough. So glad to hear that the kids are doing ok, though. I'm so proud of you! That had to be a very intense situation.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:15 AM on May. 14, 2011

• You are handling this the right way!! Since there is evidence, hopefully the judge will see the true story and she will NEVER get those kids again!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:40 AM on May. 14, 2011

• i can't believe this happened to you. I mean, I do, but how insane, lol! Still, good for you for what you did and good for you for pressing charges. hope she gets the maximum punishment! And it was smart of you not to hit her back, though I'm sure you wanted to!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:32 AM on May. 14, 2011