Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

So the girl posted my phone number on youtube and started telling my daughter in the video that she loved my daughter. That's all she says but she told me point blank that she wants my daughter to kill herself. This girl thinks it's a way to become famous.
We have call logs, we have the youtube video and tomorrow I am going to the police station.
Am I over reacting?


Asked by SeasideNative at 1:50 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

Level 18 (6,262 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • You can get utube to take the video down. I hope the police do something for you.

    Answer by tazdvl at 1:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • definitely go into the police station and make reports.
    You can also try for an order of protection. ESP if you have evidence.

    Additionally, you and your daughter both clearly need to tell her that you don't want her to contact you.
    Then contact her ISP provider and let them know. Most of them will suspend her account.

    In addition to those things, you should (obviously) change your phone number; and you should contact Some organizations... Here's one..


    Answer by Harmy at 2:08 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • I would go to the police and talk to them and see what they think. I agree it seems as if she is being bullied.


    Answer by Peajewel at 1:54 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • Not all all

    Answer by heathermichelle at 4:46 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • You can't get to the police station fast enough!

    Answer by zradiogirl at 10:02 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • She has also been calling my daughter n*gger, and it gets worse. We have that all logged down also. As far as I can tell the girl is cyber bullying my daughter.

    Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 1:52 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • ok have you tried to contact this childs parents,talk to them then if it continuals then you go to police.and how is your daughter reacting to all this.i mean is it affecting her in any why.

    Answer by MADUKES402 at 2:06 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • My daughter has a couple friends who tell her it is OK, that the girl is nothing but trouble and they defend my daughter. As for speaking with her parents, the guy who answered the phone claiming to be her father threatened to do something physical with my daughter.

    Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 2:09 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • GO! what are you waiting for? you have proof- use it!

    Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • No you are not overreacting. We as parents must protect our children. Please make sure you go to the police.

    Answer by dre07_dream10 at 11:52 AM on May. 14, 2011

Next question in Teens (13-17)
Sweet 16

Next question overall (Relationships)
My husband, he doesn't even try... adult content