how do i break my daughter from her bottle and on to a sippy she is nine months any advise

Baileysmommie12

Asked by Baileysmommie12 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put the formula in a sippy...
    Anonymous

• She's only nine months old so she is a bit young to be completely bottle broken. But you can start giving her juice and water in the sippy and only let her have (and see) the bottle when she takes formula. I suggest around her first birthday (when she can switch to regular milk) just throwing all of the bottles in the garbage and only giving her sippy cups.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Just take the bottle away - she won't know the difference for more than a day or two. This is the stage where out of sight out of mind works really well.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I don't understand everyone's obsession with bottle breaking. My son is 2.5 years old and still uses his bottle for milk. However, I will suggest putting anything besides milk or formula in a sippy to get her use to taking a sippy. But bottles are a comfort and so is milk, hence why I still let my son use his bottle for milk.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i started by taking away one bottle at a time. like the noon bottle replaced with sippy cup after a week i took away the morning bottle then later i took away the night bottle it was harder to take away because it would help to go to sleep at night. i just gave the sippy cup earlier before bedtime so he would be more optimistic about drinking milk . hope it helped Good luck!!
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 9:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2008