Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

DRY SKIN adult content

Once in a while this happens, and when it does it takes forever to get rid of...
The skin inbetween my fingers get's so dry it turns white and tightens, sometimes starts to get cracked and bleed. I don't know what's causing it and I haven't figured out what makes it go away....
does anybody have this problem? The skin on the rest of my body never does this, I'm usually very soft. (LOL!) but it's just between my fingers on both hands...I don't work with my hands or do anything unusal, not using any strange chemicals...what could it be?
I can't go to a dermotoligist (SP?) Becaause I don't have any insurance.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Health

Answers (6)
  • i am not sure but i will bump you question for answers Good Luck!

    Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 2:11 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • Sounds like eczema...Me, my daughter and my husband all have it...Try some Cortizone 10 for a couple of days and see if that helps...if it gets better then its most likely eczema...good luck

    Answer by Lucky209 at 2:12 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • could be eczema, or psoriasis or a type of capitis. 

    either way you'll want to seek your doctor (your regular doctor can check you out).. and have it confirmed, and they can tell you what over the counter remedies or at home remedies can help treat it.. if it is a form of capitis you'll need medication and WANT to get medication because that is a type of fungus and can spread and is contagious.


    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:31 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • sorry not capitis, I mean tinea.. sorry it's late, lol. REALLY late. Stupid heartburn and I can't sleep, even though my minds about done in for the night.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:33 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • read here for more information about eczema

    Corticosteroid creams and ointments have been used for many years to treat eczema. Your doctor may recommend application of an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream in mild cases but often will prescribe a stronger steroid cream when the eczema is more severe. When other measures have failed, the doctor may prescribe oral corticosteroid medication; steroids should always be taken with caution and never without medical supervision.

    Newer drugs called topical immunomodulators are available to help treat eczema. These drugs help control inflammation and reduce immune system reactions when applied to the skin. Examples include Elidel and Protopic. These drugs are thought to be about as effective as corticosteroids but are considerably more expensive.

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:40 AM on May. 14, 2011

  • I understand the no insurance thing. So to me the best is to buy you an aloe plant. Take one of the stems slice it and apply the gel to your areas up to 4 times a day. Aloe is a skin healer not just for burns. It will also add moisture in a good way and fight germs that maybe causing this problem

    Answer by Esam at 9:10 AM on May. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.